Monday, July 31, 2006

Look What I Got!

Look what KSD of hand eye crafts sent me! I thought at first she confused me with someone in a swap, but no. She just sent it to me just to be sweet. My favorite color of yarn, a pretty magnetic monogram C (which I didn't even see at first), Chiclets, and yarn....intarsia holding things. (Please don't tell me not remembering the names of things is either a symptom of Alzheimer's or old age. I prefer to think of my mind crammed with vast stores of knowledge (such as supporting characters in 70's movies) with an indifferent filing system.)

I tried to post this yesterday but blogger was being recalcitrant about uploading pictures.

This lovely couple is kitty corner from the library in Carmel-By-The Sea.



And yes, I do know where all the libraries are wherever I've been. Yarn stores too. Priorities.

I am nerdier than 86% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out! Ha! I upped my score. Okay, I did some homework. I'm not saying that my original score was bad just because Marji scored a 9, but I went from a 53 to an 86 when I took the test on RheLynn's than I did on hers. Coincidence? I think not.

And over at Anne's is a link to Yarn Monkey's 2006 Sock Wars (I really HAVE to sit down and use the help I was sent and learn how to post buttons. Soon.) Doesn't that look like fun?

16 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

huh, not my fault you did or didn't score high - I redid the quiz a day or two later just to find out why I was such a non-nerd, only to score just 2 points higher - so I guess I'm really that way. What to say.
love the park bench bronzes.
are you really going to go play Sock Wars?
KSD is just the sweetest. What a nice pressie

9:51 AM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

How nice of KSD. What a lovely package.

Love the log cabin. Beautiful bright colorway.

10:21 AM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Where did you hear about sock wars? I hardly ever hear about kal's until after deadlines (although I have started to become rather selective on the signup for kals)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You're going to have a banner week then because your package is in the mail - finally!

I think we probably use the same brain filing system - except I must have lent the intruction manual to someone a while back and don't remember who it was so my quality control is slipping. Oh well - you have to let some things go so you can keep a tight hold on your mental list of yarn and book aquisition sites. :)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Sock wars sounds like so much fun, but I have a hard enough time getting the knitting I want done completed. I'd be eliminated in the first round.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

What a nice package! I think supporting characters of 1970s movies is very important. And once you know where the library and yarn store are in any town, what more could you need?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

What a fun surprise!

Heh, Sock Wars SO does not tempt me. I picture getting stuck finishing a sock that embodies all of my least favorite sock qualities... :)

Wow, impressive increase in your nerd score!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh! I am nerdier than you by one point.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Truthfully? No ;-)

I got 81 this time but I lied about a couple of things! Bet I can get it higher if I said I built my own computer!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Yeah, I'm a 12...sigh.

Great pressies is right, lucky girl! And hey - my brother has a memory that holds the names of supporting cast members of 70's sitcoms, and can remember obscure one-hit wonder bandmember names. I think it's pretty cool myself!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the little quiz. Got an 85 -- but given how many of the questions were chem related, and the fact that I taught chem for the last five years, I'd've been embarrassed with much less. ;)

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

august birthday swap message # 2
please send me your address!!!
thanks so much !

I sent you an regular email last week and have heard nothing....
so now I am appealing to your blog.

PS i noticed in your blog that you watch "The Closer" I am a fan too, its a great show isn't it?
Rebecca
rcoday@fusemail.com

1:35 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

It looks like you scored with the swap!!

6:53 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Great statue, and what a thoughtful swap - hey your b-day is coming up now, isn't it *wink* ;o)

Congrats on the nerd score, from my point of view that is a great score ;o)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Libraries and yarn stores and book stores. Any rumour that I plan vacation spots around these three things are completely unfounded.

2:44 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I love that statue!

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home