Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hey! An FO in a Day

First things first. Is it "an" FO or "a" FO? Driving me crazy.






I finally decided to stop commenting everywhere how much I wanted to knit a dishcloth and just knit a dischloth. Other than mucking up the ball band pattern (slipping with yarn in front or back or whatever is the wrong way a couple of times) ta da! Done. In a couple of hours. I hope it shrinks up. But cotton. It has to shrink.


And this is my progress on Its Jacket. Despite claiming on the pattern specs and repeating it to susoolu when she asked, I said I'd used a size 3 needle on The Shell. Hmmm. That's a size 5 needle I'm using on Its Jacket and the gauge is tighter than The Shell. Maybe I didn't use a 3. Maybe I used a 6. Maybe I should write this stuff down in the knitting notebook I keep.


At any rate, adorable monsters doing adorable and monstrous things to yarn:



Cuddling adorably with her security yarn. Can you see that huge tuft of fur from her ears?





Bad Sophie! This is the same ball of yarn she took off with in Carmel. I was winding it back up after delivering peanut butter cookies to my BFF (I baked today too) and that little scamp snagged it again. I'm not sure how much of a lesson was learned with me saying things like "Oh cute! Wait, wait, let me get a picture first!"

I hope everyone at Stitches Midwest is having fun, learning lots, and enchancing their stashes.

Happy Birthday to Liz
and Jo in Boston! Both Thursday, August 10th.

Edited to add: and Jen of Jenla. One of the very first blogs I ever found.

Chrissy's birthday is Friday the 11th. Happy Birthday, Chrissy!

9 Comments:

Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Welcome to the world of cotton dish/washcloths - they are great! :)

The yarn bandit is too cute - I think you're definitely sending mixed signals.

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An FO. Definitely an FO.

I think.

Great, now it's bugging me, too. :P

8:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Cute dishcloth. It will definitely shrink. Hopefully "an," since I can't bring myself to type or say "a FO."

Adorable H picture. And yeah, I think Sophie might be getting a mixed message on the yarn...

11:22 AM  
Blogger al said...

yeah, i definitely say "eff-oh" whenever i see "FO" so i always go with an.

3:33 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

That's a pretty dishcloth. Naughty Sophie :)

10:46 PM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

If you say it as a word, like "foe", it's "a FO". If you say the letters, it's "an eff-oh".
:-D
The animals with the yarn balls are too funny. My dog did monstrous things to a ball of yarn once (I found her after she'd taken it apart and rolled in it) and I laughed so hard I couldn't discipline her. She hasn't had the chance to do it since, though, cuz I put all the yarn in a box so she couldn't get it.
Thanks for the tip on the mattress stitch. Are you the "someone else?" :-D

7:54 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I say "an FO". It hurts me to say "a FO". Just a little quirk I have.

I believe the girls at JenLa termed the phrase cock sucking intarsia... maybe it was the casting on couch. Hmmm, not sure anymore.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

The kids are sooo cute! You've got them hooked on yarn, heh.

And it has to be "an" FO

3:59 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

That's what I would have said and done too, soooooo cute! ;o)

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home