Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Birthdays & Birthday Presents. Or just Presents.



A belated Happy Birthday to JennyRaye whose birthday was last Friday, August 4th. Sorry, JennyRaye! Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Keohinani and Carole! Today, the 8th.

And look what Stephanie sent me! She says it was because she had that book already and what's a package without a ball of yarn, but I'm taking it as an early birthday present. Any way you look at it, awesome. I don't have that book and see the three-fold pattern on the left? It's a notecard! Isn't that clever? She did not, however, send me that measuring tape. Whoops. Thought I'd cleared the "photo shoot area" better. I haven't brewed up the mint tea yet but I'm looking forward to curling up with the book and the tea soon.


Blogger is being really uncooperative with pictures today. At least it let me get a couple in. So no cute pic of Hezekiah cuddling with the orange ball of yarn of Its Jacket last night or my progess so far on it. (Think tiny gauge swatch.)

Eureka is on tonight, 9pm Sci Fi channel. I can't decide if I like his house, S.A.R.A.H or not. It was pretty funny when it locked him out and made him apologize for missing dinner but I can see it getting pretty twee. OTOH, the show has a nice balance of quirky, serious, science and characterization. So far. Maybe my summer standards are lower but I'm enjoying the series.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

thank you for the birthday wishes :)

1:04 PM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

What great prezzies! :0) I like the yarn...and how on earth have I missed that sand mermaid before now??? Very cool. So have you been to the shop in Carmel? I think it is Kniitng by the Sea? I was actually there on a band (can you say geek?) trip. I wanted to stay and sit in a chair by the fireplace and knit. They made me leave. Well, my friends...but the owner probably would have soon enough. heh

1:27 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Lovely gifts! So when is your birthday then?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Fun present!

3:21 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

What a fun package! Yummm,tea! I've been enjoying Eureka too! I think sci-fi is my favorite channel :)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!
Come to Bottom of the Hill on Tuesday night!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wonderful gifts!

Um, so when are you going to move to wordpress.com?? :) Because I feel pretty ripped off about not getting the H picture...

6:14 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

What a lovely little birthday package! :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

so when is the birthday?
Great package. I was just looking at that book last week in the bookstore (or was it online?). More motivation to get working on the Tudor era knitting!
Sorry the twinset is being such a pain. did I hear rumors that you might just hop on a plane (one of those last minute super saver fares maybe) and join us in Chicago?

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"mint tea" - sure it is... ;)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home