Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday Might be My Good News Day


Happy Birthday Jennifer at Full of Stitches and Eva of Pappardele!

Where did the title header come from? An old Barbara Streisand song? More Manic Monday of the Bangles? I've got it stuck in my head and that's the only line I can remember.

Did anyone catch The Closer last night? I always like the show even when I think they're going somewhere I don't like (that pregnancy test a few episodes back almost made me skip the show, but they actually handled it surprisingly well).

Tonight is my new fave, Eureka on the Sci Fi channel, preceded by new favorite cancelled find, Dead Like Me. Wow. A show that was on Showtime (or HBO or whatever) that doesn't rely on profanity and nudity for its plots. It's a pretty quirky clever show. Cancelled, mind you. But cleverish none the less. I've even atarted watching Criminal Minds last week for Mandy Patinkin.

Anyone watch Vanish on Fox yesterday? It looked intriguing, but another serial arc series doesn't appeal to me. Not to mention, they usually play out as if only the actual premise had any thought given to it. Playing that premise out over a season or more? Not so easy.

I think I've made it through one season of 24 all the way (too much tension and anticipation tend to turn me off completely) and Lost was a debacle last season. Not that I watched much past the boring episodes on the boring raft. I did tune into the finale - Clancy Brown! But otherwise? Meh. Is that Clancy Brown in the Home Depot commercials? As The Voice?

The Failed Prototype has failed. Really, I gave up on it. Not enough time and it needed a frame to really do it well. Possibly boning would work, but nothing I had around the house. I thought it would be cute (and it would have!) to make a sock bag look like an old fashioned medical bag. But alas, her birthday is Saturday and mailing it today is cutting it a wee bit close much less Friday night when I finally got the bag right.

Instead I worked a bit on Liz and a bit on Its Jacket and tried to organize my fabric closet. I think I have two plain fabrics, the rest are prints. Which is great, if you're making dresses or blouses but tanks if a nice calm Log Cabin is what you had in mind. Oh! Wooly Thoughts are selling their Mathematical Quilts on Ebay again.



I really have to download some new pics. That's a statue in Carmel Valley.


I am a
Hydrangea


What Flower
Are You?


"You are just a little bit of a show off and like to prove just what you can do. Every time someone double-dog-dared you, you proved that not only could you do it, but you could do it with style."

From Anne. Darn. I wanted to be a Sunflower like her. I like sunflowers. The little description isn't embedded in the "copy and paste" either.

11 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Hydrangea? Hmmm, obviously, you're holding out on us again!

I got violet!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Sounds like a productive time - sorry to hear about the failed prototype. I'm off to see what kind of flower I am now!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Just in case you'd like to know:
I'm a snapdragon!
"Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh."

9:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh, I wouldn't mind being a hydrangea - I was a petunia....

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

oh, but I love Hydrangeas too.
somewhere I saw a bag that had exactly that medical bag form - will let you know when my memory kicks in.
only show I'll watch a whole season of is Project Runway, although I came pretty close to making it through 24 last season.

10:37 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Hydrangea is my favorite flower!

11:44 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

I'm a canna... we have those growing near the office here! Should I try to blend in? ;o)

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love 24. I never watch the current episodes but on late Sunday nights two tv channels show reruns. So I'm one more episode I think from having finished season 2. And right before this they played season 1. So I didn't have to wait over the season break for the next story to begin.

It's not the type of show that I would normally like but I am glued to my tv every Sunday night at midnight to catch it.

7:55 AM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

So Charity ans I are rather snappy it would seem. I, too, am a snapdragon. Prankster eh? ***CV

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Maybe I will meet him Sunday, maybe Monday, maybe not. But I'm sure to meet him one day. Maybe Tuesday, will be my good news day."

It's a George Gershwin song called "The Man I Love."

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home