Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday is My Fun day

Well, not really, but I just heard that old Bangles "Manic Monday" song. It's supposed to possibly hit triple digits this week. Gah. I'd like it to hit single digits and I don't mean celcius.


Happy Birthday, Leanne of HappyFroggieKnits!

Yesterday was lovely. A lot of reading, knitting and sewing, with the occasional time wasting foray onto the computer. I'm still horrible at Make a Word. I have to break Apprentice! A lot of time fooling with the prototype for my August Birthday Swap partner - finally it looks like what it's supposed to which is good, because I pretty much have to get it into the mail by tomorrow. Why can't I be one of those people who conceive a cute idea, sit down and whip it out in fibery goodness? And have the first finished project look at least familiar with what I'm trying to do. Alas.

Oh, did anyone catch the 200th episode of Stargate SG1? It was pretty funny. A love letter to fans that mostly was. A bit too much Gary Jones but the skits were hysterical. Star Trek, Farscape, Wizard of Oz, Team America.

The 4400
is on tonight - the season is almost over - hopefully Jordan Collier will kill off Isabelle or banish her. An omnipotent two year old trapped in a Bridezilla body is not that entertaining, at least to me.

I'm trying to watch Restoration from Netflix with Robert Downey Jr & Sam O'Neill but so far it's pretty boring.

Jenni moved to Typepad, something I'm thinking of doing. Check out her quilt! And her bunny, Gretchen.

9 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Nice to see another Stargate fan out there - just bought hubby seasons 1-8 for his birthday, so we can watch at leisure. I don't think I've seen the 200th episode, though. Sounds great!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Hey, don't forget to take a picture before you wrap it up! Curious minds want to know ...

8:18 AM  
Blogger FairyGodKnitter said...

Restoration was a great book but so-so movie. Thanks for the encouraging words on my works in progress. Baby Olivia Mae finally arrived at 4:30PM after 44 1/2 hours of labor. She will make a fine addition to the August party. The only good thing about her taking so long to get here was that her Mom learned to knit last week. That means she will be a knitter too.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Thanks for the plug!!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may very well be one of those people who can just conceive a cute idea . . . and whip it out in fibery goodness

We'll never know though, because I have issues with the "sit down" part. I'm a procrastinator and too many other things get in my way.

10:10 AM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Happy belated birthday!

Now, have you blocked out your calendar to attend stitches msw with us next year?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - if it was triple digits Celsius, you would be so dead! :)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

It was *15C* here yesterday. I love it. Triple digit Fahrenheit sucks...gotta be the last hurrah of the hot weather, hopefully.

3:19 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

The bunny is very cute!

That song used to be one of my favourites as a kid! I had a tape of the Bangles that I wore out in my old Walkman :o)

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home