Friday, August 25, 2006

TGIF


"We're going out, Mom? Cool!"

(Oh! I just heard the most hysterical song based on Love Potion #9. The ending lyric was something like:
"and if you think size doesn't matter
ask ex planet number niiiiine."

"Hello! Going! Ooooooouuuuuuttttt, Mmmmmmooooommmmmm. No I will not look at Aunt Carrie" (she did, but it was blurry).

Birdsong asked about my progress on Eliz I from Tudor Roses.......ahhhh......there is no progress. Other than the two rows I've knit since the last picture.

I kept getting sidetracked, and it was hot.

Hot in the way that made me believe that not only is global warming very, very real, but it would never again dip below 102F/39c in these parts again. Well, the first part may be true, but it did cool off.

And then I fell in love with Garterlac Dishcloths. I've made three. So far. And Log Cabins (I've made progress). I'm supposed to knit 6 pairs of mittens by October 1st and so far I've knit a thumbless beginner mitten. Hey. It's hot here. And apparently I don't know the underside of my thumb is at the top of the thumb opening so when the instructions read "cast on two stitches at the underside of the thumb" despite the fact that I had 7 stitches on hold and a join above that, I cast on two stitches in the middle of the 7 stitches.

Oddly enough, there was big hole at the thumb.

I totally would have taken a picture to commemorate my idiocy but I ripped it out before I thought of it.

I have almost finished one sleeve of Its Jacket.

My big decision is what to take with me on my vacation in two weeks. It can't take up much space. I have HOURS in airports. I'm flying in and out of Canada & into DC. I'm thinking the Moll Shawl because it would be perfect in size and complexity, but there's also Eliz I, Its Jacket (if I don't finish it before then.) (two weeks? hahahahahaha), mittens (except dpn's? do they care?)

Happy Birthday, Sandy!

What is up with Blogger now? Gah.

Read Plague Maker by Tim Downs (L) (390 pages). It was a pretty good action thriller about a decades old plan of one man to unleash a genetically engineered strain of the Black Plague on present day New York. The characters weren't completely one dimensional but were a bit thin. They did get off some nice one liners though. I'm a sucker for snark. It said something about war and the casualties of war but I'm not certain what that was.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she's adorable! I'm a sucker for dog pictures.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Have you ever seen the movie 12 Monkeys? I find myself thinking about it, wondering if it had more documentary qualities than I realized...

7:53 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

She is a cutie alright!

Totally with you on the global warming. And yet we still continue to abuse our poor planet. And complain because it's too hot/cold and wonder why.

*sigh* Hey, where are you going to be in Canada?

3:19 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

I think you should take Elizabeth sight-seeing with you!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

i've read a lot of complaints about blogger. You might consider typepad. I am really likeing it.

I hear ya on the global warming thing. It has been triple digits here in TX for weeks.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Sweet doggie photos! It's always hard to decide what to take on holiday... I always, always take too much, imagining hours of peaceful knitting time.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

I'm more in line for cyclical weather trends that global warming (read Crichtons book on the subject-title escapes me at the moment), anyway, it has been one of the hottest I can remember. Liz has very easily worked patterning, but I find I still need the charts to get my shaping and my texture right simulaneously, So I think she's probably not best for airport knitting. How long will you be going for?
oh, along with Criminy, Crickey is a good one.

10:28 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

She is so sweet!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

What a cute pup!

Three enterlac cloths?! I want to try that, but it looks difficult. I'll have to just give it a shot.

12:19 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Sophie is really a darling :o) Oh wow a trip - a big one! I don't know about knitting during the trip (I usually end up with no time) but during a flight would seem ideal (if they let you on board with the stuff!)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a cute dog!!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home