Saturday, July 02, 2005

Got Zucchini?



Heck, yeah, I do. I've already tried two new recipes, one just because it called for 2 pounds of the stuff and anything that uses two pounds of zucchini right now is awesome. It actually was pretty good since it also had cheddar cheese, bacon and sour cream in it making that whole Good For You Vegetable thing it had going kind of gone, but whateveh.

I would show a lovely picture of the Miss Dashwood baby bonnet I'm knitting, the picot edging cast on is adorable, but alas. For once I was going to follow the pattern to the color but did I pick up Debbie Bliss's Cashmerino Aran? I did not. I picked up Debbie Bliss's Cashmerino. A small but crucial difference.

So, instead of doing something boring like making a gauge swatch in the round, I just decided to make the the largest size and hope that it would fit a baby that wasn't a preemie. Apparently it would have fit me but alas. I managed to twist it when I joined it, so there goes yesterday's knitting and here comes today's attempt. I'll do progress shots so you can see the idiot mistakes I'm making long before I figure them out.

Haven't started Wives & Daughters yet, but I did pick up Kage Baker's latest Mendoza novel, The Life of the World To Come.

Neither Blockbuster and Hollywood Video had Stargate SG1's prior seasons except for the first three episodes. I can't decide if it would be cheaper to rejoin Netflix or just buy them. Not all at once. That kind of cash outlay is reserved for yarn, or purchasing a new house, or a car or something like that.

Stargate. Hated the movie. Hated it. Of course, I did go see it at 10pm (back when it came out) and that's kind of my bedtime, so possibly cranky sleepiness might have figured into it, but love the series. And there are like 8 seasons of it already! No waiting for a month for some dribbling little nothing secret (looking at you, Lost). Just hours and hours of obsessive television viewing. Lovely.

Except. National Holiday. Barbeques. Pool parties. Pancake breakfasts, parades and booths. Sing alongs! I love singalongs, especially when there are enough people to drown me out which there wasn't in church this morning. Plus, guest organist and he played everything slow and high. It sounded like Minnie Mouse singing a dirge and it gave me a headache. Gah.

Oh and the epistle lesson?(Romans. ergo, Paul.) I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate, I do. (Or as Frank Sinatra would say "doo bee doo be do dooo dooo bee.) And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. (Does that make sense? What if he did what he what he wanted to do? He agree the law turns bad?) As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. (Me too, Paul. Or I as Flip Wilson would say "The Devil made me do it!)

Going to Hell. All those Sundays in church don't stop my mind from whirling this kind of stuff through it. I like church. I like being a Lutheran. (I hate that stupid gladhanding before the service though. I go late).

I don't think I could not believe in God if He told me Himself He didn't exist. But does that mean I don't see how evolution (might) work? No, it doesn't. Do I think that means Evolution can't possibly have happened? Why not? It sure looks like it did. Am I supposed to act like I have all the answers and that I know something no one else does? How am I supposed to do that? I hate when people find out I go to church and then expect me to be all preachy or judgmental. (Oh, I'm judgmental all right. But that has more to do with three lousy marriages than going to church all my life).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home